Monday 28 March 2011

What is a line... Hand Job

To kick start my 'What is a line' brief I have been looking at illustrative type, which is a possible route to take and one I am interested in, as it relates well to my chosen subject, conversations. I really like the book Hand Job by Michael Perry, the hand rendered type looks very spontaneous and has an unfinished look to its, which I think would work well with an on going stream of conversation.












I particularly like this photograph, which has had type scratched into it. Taking photographs of people, then scratching their conversations on top is an idea I might pursue.

I think that this kind of illustrative type will be good for showing a busy area with many conversations going on at once, a constant hustle bustle and stream of noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment